Sponsorship by EHS includes four main items:
- Medical Liability Coverage for all registered Medical First Responders in the agency
- Partial Tuition Repayment: $150 per registered Medical First Responder to a maximum of $1,500 for newly sponsored MFR agencies
- Medical first response equipment and consumables
- Information and support by MFR Services
- File an application for sponsorship. Applications must be legible and accurate, and include the following information:
- The number of certified MFR members within the applying agency. There is an expectation that an EHS MFR agency is available to respond to calls 24 hours per day / 7 days per week in their coverage area.
- Confirmation that the application is approved by the area Municipal Government (i.e. signature from Warden, Mayor or CAO).
- Type of agency sponsorship
- Fire Department MFR agency
- Community-based MFR agency
- Estimated population
- Areas of risk
- Service level (level of response) requested
- Signature of Fire Chief or signature of MFR Co-ordinator for a community-based agency
- Upon receipt, the applications will be evaluated and presented to the EHS MFR Strategic Advisory Committee. The applicant agency will be advised of the decision both verbally and in writing. All evaluations, reports and noted findings will be filed for future reference.
- Department or agency applying for sponsorship must be, or eligible to be, listed as a response agency in the EHS Medical Communications Centre Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) system.
- The Evaluation Committee will review/confirm:
- MFR agency Application for Sponsorship
- The agency applying is a community-based volunteer organization and is recorded as a Medical First Response agency in the EHS Medical Communications Centre Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) system.
- Documentation of location, population, hazards, risks
- Availability and location of other responding agencies to a call in the applicant's jurisdiction (coverage area)
- Mutual Aid agencies
- Strategic location, i.e. remote area
- General Information
- Any questions pertaining to the EHS MFR program should be directed to EHS MFR Services, 239 Brownlow Avenue, Suite 300, Dartmouth, NS B3B 2B2; telephone (902) 832-8620; fax (902) 832-8602.
The Manager, EHS MFR Services shall use all available data and resources to review all applications for sponsorship. The Application for Sponsorship will then be presented to the EHS MFR Evaluation Committee and the EHS MFR Strategic Advisory Committee.
Any application which has not been approved may be appealed within thirty (30) days of written notification. Appeals should be addressed to the EHS MFR Strategic Advisory Committee, c/o Director of Provincial Programs, EHS Emergency Health Services, 237 Brownlow Avenue, Suite 160, Dartmouth, NS B3B 2C5 or faxed to (902) 424-1781.